Jim, Darin, & Jeff welcome a fresh face to Improve Photography! Nick Page joined Jim & Darin in Oregon & within no time we knew we had to have him on the show! Jim & friends discuss news items, lessons learned, & announce some more 2015 Improve Photography News!
What's in this episode:
- A little bit about Nick Page.
- Canon's 50 Megapixel Monster; is it worth it?
- Can Canon's Lens Lineup handle what the sensor can capture?
- What type of photographers will benefit the Canon 5DS & 5DS R?
- Megapixels go up, as do file sizes. Are you ready for it?
- Jim puts Jeff on the spot about the Apple Photos App. Is it the new Aperture?
- Lightroom 6 was leaked?! What we anticipate & want from this new release.
- Anti-paparazzi clothing. No more shots of celebrities!
- Jim, Nick, & Darin's lessons learned on the Improve Photography Oregon Coast FREE Workshop!
- Learning how to draw a sunrise in LIGHTROOM to make the scene more interesting.
- What to do when you get hit by a wave!
- Stop shooting in the middle of the day. – Listen to find out why!
- Jim's thoughts on cows by the ocean!
- Listen to Jim's advice on splitting your gear amongst different bags!
- Do not be afraid to shoot another brand of camera!
- If you challenge Jim he is likely accept!
- To Drobo or not to Drobo? – The Drobo strikes again!
- Unleashing the power of Photoshop to create the composition in your mind's eye!
- Nick Page Photography – (Nick's Website)
- Anti-paparazzi clothing
- Improve Photography Portfolio Reviews! – (Jim's very helpful Doodad of the Week!)
- Canon 5DS & 5DS R Article by Jeff Harmon
- Ask a Photo Nerd – (Improve Photography's New Q&A Section & Darin's Doodad of the Week!)
- Best Hard Drives for Photographers – (Jeff's helpful article on selecting hard drives!)
- Real World Image Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Lightroom – (Jeff's Doodad of the Week!)
- SUNWAYFOTO brand Arca-Swiss Compatible Wide Base L- Bracket – (Nick's Doodad of the Week!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Open the “podcasts” app on your device (it’s one of the pre-installed apps from Apple) and search for the Improve Photography Podcast from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice. You can also use this link to the show in the iTunes store (free).
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/feed/podcast
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.