Backyard Silver. Getting Started in Stock.
Article of the Week: 15 Stock Photography Tips I Learned from the Guy Who Wrote the Book
- $2,000 per month with 7,000 images. So 29 cents per image per month is fair?
- You’re doing landscape. Would this change if you were doing portraits?
- 4 times more with shutterstock than istock. Why?
- Shutterstock and iStock only? $220/month off 1,000 images. Upload to 20 sites? $410 a month.
- Photos need to be “stocky”? Super bright and clean images of mixed race plasticy models shaking hands?
- Why size down to 6 megapixels?
- Lightroom can only keyword alphabetically. Problem for Adobe Stock?
- Useful keyboarding tool https://microstockgroup.com/tools/keyword.php
- What about video?
- Digital model releases?
- How do you get ideas?
- Lexar no longer making memory cards. Selling.
- Lensbaby Velvet 85
- Questions from the audience for Steve
- Barry Porter – “Do you need some kind of release if you upload building photos to stock sites?”
- Brandon Hirt – “What colors are most prevalent in stock photos that sell?”
- Stephen Smith – The industry has changed a lot, and in your book you’ve mentioned sales lagging. Still viable?
- Laryssa about camera repair
- Submitting to Apple. Could be days or weeks depending on how fickle they are.
- Call in feedback to hotline: Stock photography
Doodads of the Week!