- New people coming on in the next few weeks. Leave feedback.
- New page on the website for doodads all in one place. improvephotography.com/doodads
- Keep it positive in the groups!
Questions of the Week:
- Radhika Dixit – Why not use spot metering all the time? What is the advantage of switching to Evaluative Mode, Centre Weighted, etc. Wouldn't you get the same effect by spot metering a point in the shot that is equal to 18% gray?
- Griffin Mekleberg – I've been shooting for about 3 months and love every minute! I do not have much money for a better computer monitor but have been interested in screen calibration. I have terrible color vision as is so anything that will make my screen show a more accurate image is a godsend. I was wondering if anyone knows good software to get calibration or any resources and info on the topic?
- John Heslop – I was wondering if it made a difference which hdmi cables I use to hook up monitors.
Scott’s 5 Minute Segment
- Mirrorless cameras
Jim’s 5 Minute Segment
- Is talent for photography something we learn, or are born with?
- DJI Phantom 4
Doodads of the Week!
Same as the note above. Go ahead and jump in with your doodad instead of waiting for Jim to say it’s your turn.
- Jim: DJI Phantom 4
- Scott: Shoot through umbrella