Jim, Brian, Nick, & Darin take you on an incredible adventure remembering lessons learned while shooting with listeners of Improve Photography. The four share twenty plus tips & tricks they learned while shooting in Southern Utah & Northern Arizona. Tune into hear about IP smashing a Guinness World Record!
What's in this episode:
- Improve Photography Demolished a World Record. – Read more here!
- Darin concedes Nick & Jim were right about focus stacking vs shooting f/22.
- Nick places our hearts in our throats as he relives the loss of his favorite lens & second camera body.
- Insuring gear can lead to happier endings.
- Waiting out the storm leads to Brian making some beautiful landscapes of the Grand Canyon.
- Does Jim regret breaking up with Nikon?
- Exploring new tools in Photoshop has Darin moving boulders. – Soon he hopes to move mountains like Dojo Master Harmer.
- Making the most of sunset & sunrise opportunities make a photographer happy, wealthy, & wise.
- Sleeping is overrated when there are photos to be taken!
- Using a hat, dark object, or a hand, to remove lens flare & darken part of a scene.
- Darin loses more weight by leaving his camera bag behind.
- Does Jim still bracket his photos? – Listen to hear the answer.
- Nick gets resourceful by shooting panoramas for days.
- The four share landscape photography is all about timing.
- Brian shoots his hero when he is invited to photograph the Broncos vs Colts game in Indy!
- Cerevo Live Wedge. – (Jim's Doodad of the Week for media nerds & what we are using to create a video podcast!)
- Hip Waders & Neoprene Socks – (Nick's Doodads of the Week for staying warm & dry!)
- Canon EF 500mm f/4 IS II USM Lens & 1.4x III Telephoto Extender – (Darin's Doodads of the Week for avid Wildlife Photographers!)
- Zeiss Pre-Moistened Wipes – (Brian's Doodad of the Week for keeping your lens clean & sharp!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Click right here to subscribe to the podcast for free in iTunes!
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.