Nick, Erica, & Darin take you on a journey to discuss why it is EXTREMELY important to shoot with post-production in mind. We discuss what we must do behind the viewfinder that will save us time when editing our photos.
What's in this episode:
- Getting the exposure right in camera.
- Exposing for highlights vs. exposing for skin tones.
- Replacing the sky or shooting another day.
- No I cannot comb your hair in Photoshop! – Having an assistant watch for details.
- It is all in the details. – Hairbands on wrists & Transition Lenses.
- Paying attention to the background & keeping skin tones in mind.
- Grey cards & Expodiscs. – A continuation of the Jim Harmer argument.
- Should I offer or accept the challenge of removing braces from client's teeth?
- Forget the fake tan & be mindful of clothing options. – Educating clients before the shoot.
- Take some bad photos in poor lighting conditions to sway clients to shoot when the light is right.
- Knowing when to ask for hep. – Nick's lesson learned this week!
- Setting Boundaries with Clients & Guests. – Darin's lesson learned!
- Always carry a clear umbrella! – Erica's lesson learned during a wedding shoot!
- Improve Photography's 2016 China Workshop! – Join Nick, Erica, & two other podcast hosts for a truly helpful & informative photographic adventure in China!
- HH Boogie – Erica's Pick of the Week for handcrafted & unique products for your clientele!
- Datacolor Spyder Lens Calibration Tool – Nick's Pick of the Week for keeping your lenses sharp!
- Bug Spray & Camp Fogger – Darin's Pick of the Week for keeping pesky six-legged friends away from you & your clients!
- Improve Photography's Portfolio Reviews – Get INSIGHTFUL & HELPFUL feedback on your best photos with a portfolio review from Nick, Erica, or Darin!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.