Erica Kay sits down with Nick Page & Darin Mellor to discuss why it is important to get clients & photographers to print their work. Beyond file preservation, the three explore why our work always looks best in print.
What's in this episode:
- Why our work looks best in print.
- Educating clients; a DVD/CD is as useful as a floppy disk in five years! – Make sure your clients are backing up their files.
- Wedding Albums have stood the test of time.
- The Millennial Generation is the most photographed, but will have nothing to show for it.
- How cheap print kiosks will destroy the look of your work.
- Having customers pay for the DVD/CD or order prints to get the DVD/CD for free.
- Including an album in Wedding Collections shows the value of the album.
- Syncing the time code in camera. – A huge time saver when editing & presenting photos.
- Building relationships with clients to remove the possibility of a nightmare or unrealistic expectations.
- Networking with wedding professionals to gain new clients.
- Battle of the different tethering options! Which option will free up your hands while shooting?
- Improve Photography Portfolio Reviews – (Get MEANINGFUL feedback on your images from Erica, Nick and Darin!)
- Pass – (A ten year archive for client photos where they can print using your set prices!)
- PhotoTaco Podcast – Hear photography tips form Erica, Nick, Darin, Jeff, & Jim in the time it takes to eat a taco; or perhaps a burrito!
- Wescott Omega Reflector
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.