Jim sits down with Jeff Harmon, Erica Kay, Nick Page, & Darin Mellor to nerd out with Photography news & provide insight into visualizing the shoot before looking through the viewfinder. Hear all of our strategies to see how we come up with creative ideas & photos.
What's in this episode:
- Improve Photography's April Photo Contest. Use #improvphotography on Instagram to participate by April 30, 2015!
- Apple Buys LinX, an Israeli Camera Tech Company, & stirs up rumors of a DSLR quality camera for the iPhone 7.
- Adaptalux to ‘revolutionize macro photography.' – One of the few photography KickStarter projects we are excited about!
- Why You Shouldn't Check Your Camera Gear – Watch the baggage sorting machines punch your suitcase! – (Funny & scary!)
- Nick Page's suggestions for coming home with a couple AWESOME photos instead of hundreds of unexciting photos!
- Erica's approaches for stretching her creative muscles!
- Jeff maximizes creativity & dynamic range with Landscape Panoramas.
- Darin shoots for the thrill & allows emotion to speak through Street Photography. – Or to hit on pretty girls as Jim points out.
- Animoto – (Use offer code ‘IMPROVE' to get 15% off a Pro Account!)
- Squarespace – (Use offer code ‘IMPROVE' to get 10% off your first purchase!)
- Improve Photography Portfolio Reviews – (Get MEANINGFUL feedback on your work from Darin, Erica, Jim, & Nick!)
- Overcast Podcast App for iPhone – (Jim's Doodad of the Week!)
- Bear Spray – (Nick's Doodad of the Week!)
- Anti-Flicker Mode on the Canon 7D MK II – (Jeff's Doodad of the Week!)
- Ammo Box for AA Batteries – (Erica's Doodad of the Week!)
- Self Powered Camera – (Darin's Doodad of the Week!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.