Darin, Erica, & Nick discuss tips & tricks for building portfolios & gaining clients. Answering a question from a reader of the Improve Photography website related to Portrait Photography. Nick, Erica, & Darin talk about three lessons learned this week!
What's in this episode:
- Building a portfolio using proven techniques including: offering pro-bono sessions to wet your beak, attending workshops, & more!
- Gaining clients by posting & tagging your work on social media, posting often, being choosey about what work is shared, & more!
- Three lessons learned by Erica, Nick, & Darin.
- Answering a reader's question about a lighting setup for a fitness shoot & print size limitations on a Canon 7D MK II.
- Improve Photography Portfolio Review – (Get honest & helpful feedback from Erica, Nick, or Darin!)
- Ask a Photo Nerd on the Improve Photography website – (It is like a forum, but filled with Photo Nerds!)
- Darin Mellor's Website
- Erica Kay's Website
- Nick Page's Website
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We'll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it's available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.