Welcome to Portrait Session! Erica Kay, Darin Mellor, & Nick Page sit down to discuss laying the foundation for successful Portrait Photography. The trio talks about the battle of the lighting setups, lessons learned, and more!
What's in this episode:
- Getting to know Erica, Nick, & Darin.
- Laying the foundation for good Portrait Photography.
- Light, focus, & making the client comfortable.
- Studio strobes versus speed lights. – Battle of the lighting setups!
- Lessons learned from Darin, Erica, & Nick.
- Three-Minute Review on Photo/Print Labs for photographers.
- Loktah – (One of Erica's top choices for albums!)
- Miller's Lab – (Erica's other favorite lab for albums & Darin's favorite overall print lab!)
- Adorama Pix – (A lab Nick does not use anymore due to quality issues.)
- ProDPI – (Another favorite Lab used by Nick!)
- BayPhoto – (Where nick get's his metal on!)
- CG Pro Prints – (Erica get's her canvas prints here!)
- Canvas on Demand Pro – (Darin & Nick Demand they get canvases here!)
- Jim Harmer's Article: Best Online Photo Print Labs Compared
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We'll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it's available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.