Darin sits down with Jeff Harmon & Nick Page to discuss the 2015 Apple Macbook, Canon 5D MK IV, & a BIG announcement from Google. The trio discuss realistic numbers on what it costs to become a professional photographer.
What's in this episode:
- Apple announces the 2015 MacBook. Is it a good pick for photographers?
- RIP Google +
- The Canon 5D MK IV is coming in the fall. Is it the camera Canon users have been waiting for?
- What does it really cost to make the jump from hobbyist to professional?
- Tony Northrup brings out Jeff, Nick, & Darin's inner photo nerd.
- Crop factor does not just apply to focal length. Watch out Aperture and ISO!
- Canon Rumor's Article on the 5D MK IV
- Photographers Should Skip the 2015 MacBook – (In depth article by Jeff Harmon)
- Photography Business Calculator from NPPA
- Tony Nortrup's Video on Crop Factor's impact on ISO and Aperture
- CamRanger – (Nick's Doodad of the Week!)
- Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD – (Darin's Doodad of the Week!)
- Zenfolio Photo Moments App – (Jeff's Doodad of the Week!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Open the “podcasts” app on your device (it’s one of the pre-installed apps from Apple) and search for the Improve Photography Podcast from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice. You can also use this link to the show in the iTunes store (free).
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/feed/podcast
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.