Happy Holidays from Improve Photography LLC! Jim & Darin sit down to discuss staying the benefits and drawbacks of using studio lighting & why it is smarter & better to travel with less. Darin & Jim tackle some questions from listeners of the podcast.
What's in this Episode:
- A glance into the world of lighting & shooting with speed lights & studio strobes.
- Why a big lighting modifier gives you soft wrapping beautiful light.
- Reasons not to be fooled by expensive brand-name lighting modifiers.
- Situations where a big lighting modifier might not be so helpful.
- The benefits of packing lighter & splitting up your gear into different bags.
- BIG CHANGES in the Improve Photography Podcast Network. – (New shows to be added in 2015.)
- Improve Photography is looking for more Podcasters & Listener Feedback. – (See the link below!)
- Three new editors have joined Improve Photography Network.
- The best way to shoot Milky Way Landscape shots & what to do in post production.
- A discussion on how Lightroom & Photoshop fit together & what limitations each have.
- Jim & Darin's thoughts on carrying a printed photo book & discuss print vendors they recommend.
- Paul C. Buff – Einstein E640 Studio Light
- Link for emailing Jim about Podcasting & Feeback
- Improve Photography Editor's Choice Holiday Gift Guide
- Improve Photography Travel Group
- ProDPI – (The winner of Jim & Dustin's Blind Print Test)
- Millers Lab – (The runner-up in Dustin & Jim's Blind Print Test)