Jim and Darin meet to discuss 15 Portrait Photography Tips each of us learned last week. These tips and tricks range from taking portraits of Olympic Gold Medalists all the way to photographing our families.
What's in this episode
- Taking your own family photos. – (Jim's Family Photo Link 1 Jim's Family Photo Link 2)
- Using a flash transmitter as a remote shutter.
- Getting to know your client with safe shots.
- Why assistants keep us on our toes and at the top of our game.
- Blacking out the background using flash.
- Always having a Plan B.
- Why the Clone Tool in Photoshop might be dead.
- The importance of networking with local photographers on local Facebook Groups.
- Focusing, it's all in the eyes. – Unless there is a beard.
- Rethinking the shot when looking at the LCD is not an option.
- Backing up between shoot locations/setups.
- Jeff Stiles Photography – (Jim's awesome assistant during the Breeja Larson who saved the day!)
- Nikon 85mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR Lens
- Jim's Pixoto Page
- SWORL – (Get 20% off your first purchase with promotion code ‘IMPROVE')
- Squarespace – (Get 10% off at checkout by using the offer code ‘IMPROVE')
- Phases of the Moon Free App for Android – (Darin's Doodad of the Week)
- Paint Pole Adapter (Jim's Doodad of the Week)
- How to Achieve a Black Background using Flash