Jim & Darin discuss some Landscape Photography Tips we learned over the past week. Tips range from using a the lens filters to taking control of undesired color in Lightroom. Darin & Jim also talk about a few photography news items.
What's in this episode:
- Using a Polarizer to cut down glare and reduce unwanted highlights.
- How Neutral Density Filters help intentionally blur parts of the photo.
- Staying away from Interpolated ISO & why a low Native ISO is more efficient.
- The HSL Panel in Lightroom (and ACR) can turn dead color into desirable color.
- Teasing Jim's 2015 Lightroom Steal – Jim's New Lightroom Presets: Coming Soon!
- Why it is important to learn what a Lightroom Preset is doing to your photo.
- Getting a better exposure by dialing down Exposure Compensation.
- Cutting out a boring or overly bright sky.
- University of Oklahoma WR smashes a Canon Lens causing photography policies to change.
- Knowing when the light is right and taking advantage of it.
- Apple Releases a 27-inch 5K Retina Display. – The win goes to higher megapixel cameras!
- Really Right Stuff L-Plate – (Jim's Doodad of the Week)
- BlackRapid Fasten FR-T1 – (Darin's Doodad of the Week)
- SWORL – (Get 20% off your first purchase with promotion code ‘IMPROVE')