Jim & Darin sit down to discuss some Landscape Photography tips & tricks. With cooler weather making its way from the Southern to the Northern Hemisphere, Darin & Jim talk about dressing for the climate, notifying family/friends of shoot locations, and more.
What's in this episode
- The importance of making a Landscape Photography Bucket List.
- Thinking about every square inch of the frame and not getting lazy with composition.
- Consider the weather, both for composition and what to wear on location.
- Finding interesting ways to cut out the sun.
- Why it is important to not just spray and pray when shooting Panorama, HDR, or Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) shots.
- Getting off of the beaten path to come up with original and unique perspectives.
- Talking to the locals, other photographers, and the visitors center for inside information.
- Google Maps – My Places Feature
- Babcock State Park – Improve Photography Travel Group This is a facebook group for those who would like to go shoot with Jim in West Virginia on October 20-22. It's a free event and the fall color will be FANTASTIC. Great opportunity for learning photography without the cost of a workshop, and to meet Jim!
- Clik Elite ClikSit – Compact folding chair for photographers
- Salomon Quest 4D GTX Hiking Boots
- Blackhawk Tactical Pants
- Outdoor Research 3-Finger Gloves
- ANKER External Batteries