Darin sits down with Erica & Nick to give our best tips for dynamic reception lighting. Nick & Erica answer questions from listeners ranging from lighting gear to technique. Erica, Nick, & Darin give you insight into three items they find help their wedding workflow.
What's in this episode:
- Favorite gear to use when lighting up a wedding reception.
- Speedlights or Strobes? – Tune in to find our favorites.
- Best setups for the 3-Light Triangle.
- Keeping lights safe with unique & creative placement.
- TTL or Manual Flash. – Which is the best for this type of lighting for these occasions?
- Adjusting the zoom on the flash.
- Shooting bare or using modifiers?
- Bouncing flash off of more than just walls & ceilings. – Watch out wedding guests!
- Suggestions for shooting important moments such as the grand entrance, cake cutting, etc.
- Nick shares some tips on how to create really cool portraits using long exposures and flash.
- MagSphere Flash Diffuser & MagBounce
- Phottix Flash Bracket – (Nick's Review!)
- Phottix Octabox – (Erica's Review!)
- Rouge Flash Bender Large (Darin's Review!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.