Nick, Erica, & Darin come together this week to offer insight into their workflows after coming home with thousands of images. Two listener questions from Debbie & Zelda are answered & the episode wraps up with the three providing portrait tips & reviews.
What's in this episode:
- You just got home with over 1,000 images…. Now what?
- Darin, Erica, & Nick's tips for culling & rating images.
- Nick's epic approach to getting images out right after a long day's work.
- Erica finds Photo Mechanic amongst the painfully slow process Adobe users are facing.
- Applying global adjustments to one image in a series & syncing for rapid turnaround.
- Nick, Darin, & Erica give helpful advice for shooting portraits of people in glasses. – Question from Debbie.
- Zelda wants to know if we get in on the action when photographing dancing.
- Nick lights up a couple by tossing a flash into a car.
- Erica loves her whiteboard & Nick has a love/hate relationship with Google Calendars.
- Things get blurry for Erica when using the Motion & Radial blur tools.
- Darin learns how different flash settings can make rain look more dynamic in a portrait by following a post from Marius Igas in the Facebook Wedding Photographer's Group.
- Photo Mechanic's Website
- Erica Kay Photography
- Memory Pixel Photography
- Nick Page Photography
- Improve Photography Start – (The best way to level up as a photographer!)
- Improve Photography's 2016 China Workshop! – (Join Erica & Nick on the best workshop ever!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.