Jim, Jeff, & Majeed help you take on boredom by answering interesting listener questions we were not able to get to last week! Majeed is joining us from a new Nature & Landscape Photography Podcast coming to the Improve Photography Network soon!
What's in this episode:
- Brett Lubcke aims to put a realistic full-size print to cover a door inviting someone to step into it. – What focal length does the crew recommend?
- Tony Perea wants to know how crop sensors impact aperture and depth of field when compared to a full frame camera.
- Gordon Jackson is looking for the best ways to organize landscape photos in Lightroom.
- Thijs van Gennip seeks out the best tips to photograph mushrooms.
- Katie Shipley is looking for the use case of small softboxes & light stands for enhancing her natural light portraits.
- Joshua Fahning wants tips for shooting ultra wide angle lenses on both crop sensor and full frame cameras.
- Jim helps Ketill Antonius Agustsson with online storage options & touches upon 3, 2, 1 backups. – Check out Jeff's Article on Storage Workflow!
- Jeff answers Dennis Halmar's question about whether it is safe to update to Windows 10 as of yet.
- The three weigh in on Katie Shipley's question about shooting 1/focal length for telephoto/zoom lenses.
- David S. Davis wants us to know who our biggest influences are in photography.
- Alan Paone wants to know if Photomechanic is the only solution for a RAW processor for his Fuji camera.
- Majeed helps Robin Hoff Kaspar with Soft Proofing in Lightroom.
- Justin Zaffarese wants to know if Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II with an adapter is a good choice for his Nikon.
- Lizzy Mitchell is seeing color noise. – Jeff to the rescue!
- Michelle Nolan wants gear recommendations on kneepads, a hat that does not get in the way of her viewfinder & shoes that are versatile for many types of shoots.
- Vince Yamashiroya has a smorgasbord of questions & Jeff assists with the one regarding working on multiple Lightroom Catalogs on a laptop & a desktop.
- Margaret-Margo Winter Smith wants to know if it is safe to move over to Lightroom 6/CC.
- Squarespace – (Use Offer Code ‘IMPROVE' to get 10% off your first purchase!)
- Harry's – (Use Coupon Code ‘IMPROVE' to get $5 off your first purchase!)
- Improve Photography Start – (Get $40 off an already amazing deal by using Promo Code ‘PODCAST'!)
- Improve Photography Portfolio Reviews – (Get MEANINGFUL feedback on your best photos!)
- Improve Photography's 2016 China Workshop – (The best workshop in the world is selling out fast! Book now!)
- Improve Photography's Lens Finder – (Finally it is here! Go check it out!)
- Jim's Article on creating a DIY light stick for under $50!
- Jim's Article on Focal Length – (Mentioned when answering Tony Perea's question.)
- Photo Taco Dedicated to Explaining Focal Length!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Just search “Improve Photography” to find it.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.