Darin, Erica, & Nick discuss how they bounce back when something goes wrong during a photo shoot. The three also offer tips & tricks to help prevent any issues on location.
What's in this episode:
- What do do when the unexpected happens.
- How Darin & his Dad recovered when their large shoot-through umbrella fell to its demise.
- A clear umbrella saves the day for Erica Kay. – And most importantly, her bride!
- Securing flashes to the flash bracket so they do not fall into rivers.
- What to do when you left your memory cards at home.
- Gravity & Wedding Rings. – Is this story about Nick Page?
- Guests knocking over light stands at receptions & flashes falling out of the sky.
- Looking chipper when your 24-70mm lens falls off a ledge onto concrete.
- The trusty camera store sold me a flash for Nikon when I shoot Canon. – What to do?
- Keeping a spare/emergency SD Card in the glovebox of your vehicle. – Nick's lesson learned.
- Carrying a white sheet or blanket to protect your bride's dress. – Erica's lesson learned.
- Do not order products until your clients have given you some form of payment. – Darin's lesson learned.
- Using Prisms to get a really creative shot! – Erica's 3-Minute Review.
- Expodisc's results reviewed. – Nick's 3-Minute Review to really stick it to Jim.
- Using sandbags to hold your light stand in place. Fill them with rocks instead of sand to prevent spills. – Darin's 3- Minute Review.