Darin sits down with Nick & Erica to discuss ways to keep our creative juices flowing. The three talk about everything from working with other creatives to sketching out ideas on paper. Come join us on this adventure.
What's in this episode:
- Dissecting the work of photographers you admire; then set up your next shoot based on what you learned from them.
- Teaming up with other local photographers for stylized shoots.
- Brainstorm & rub elbows with model friends.
- Think about what moves you & base your personal project around that. – (Erica's Freedom & Happiness Project.)
- Going to school for photography. – Is there still as much value in it?
- Taking online classes.
- Going to workshops!
- Obtaining new gear or software to see & from a new perspective.
- Having someone review your portfolio to see where you stand.
- Shoot the safe shots first & branch out to try something new. – Go above & beyond.
- Outsource duties or tasks blocking time for creativity.
- Give yourself a creative project & have your peers review it.
- The 2016 Improve Photography China Workshop! – (Register now for this great adventure!)
- Improve Photography's Portfolio Reviews – (Get MEANINGFUL feedback on your portfolio from Erica, Nick, Darin & Jim!)
- Canon 28-70 f/2.8L Sharp & budget-friendly L-Lens. – (Nick's Pick of the Week!) – Darin found it on Amazon! Ha!
- Studio Anywhere: A Photographer's Guide to Shooting in Unconventional Locations – Erica's pick of the week, which Darin is downloading to his Kindle now!)
- Tony Northrup's DSLR Book: How to Create Stunning Digital Photography – (Darin's pick of the week!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.