Jim & Darin connect with Jeff Harmon & Nick Page about steps needed to protect your photos and photography business from the bad guys. Listen in and do not miss out on our tips & tricks to keep your data safe! The four also answer questions from readers of the Improve Photography Website!
What's in this episode:
- Improve Photography's April Photo Contest! – Use #improvephotography on Instagram by April 30, 2015 for a chance to win a fabulous prize!
- Viruses, Malware, etc. are not limited to those running Microsoft Windows. – Mac users beware!
- Stop ignoring the security update prompts. – Do not give up the keys to your photography business.
- Do not download anything you did not seek out.
- Use caution when clicking links on emails asking you to download a file or check a link. – Even if it is from someone you know.
- A single password is similar to having a master key to your data. – Use a service like LastPass or 1 Password to ramp up your security.
- Stay away from pirated software. – It may be free, but it is also dangerous & most likely illegal.
- Apple & Microsoft are not going to call you to help you with computer problems. – If you get a call from someone claiming to be them; hang up.
- iRoam – (Save up to 90% & stay connected when traveling & shooting photos Internationally!)
- Animoto – (Use offer code ‘IMPROVE' to save 15% off a Pro Account!)
- Improve Photography Portfolio Reviews – (Get MEANINGFUL feedback from Jim, Darin, Nick, & Erica on your best photos!)
- Poweradd 10,000 mAh External Charger – (Jim's Doodad of the Week!)
- Canon 28-70mm f/2.8 L Lens – (Nick's Doodad of the Week!)
- ClearShot Smart Phone Tripod – (Jeff's Doodad of the Week!)
- Muck Boots – (Darin's Doodad of the Week!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.