Jim chats with Jeff & Darin to discuss big news that has come down the pike in the photography world including gear & software announcements. Also, Improve Photography is holding in Instagram Photo Contest! In the main segment the three dive into when & where watermarking might be appropriate.
What's in this episode:
- Improve Photography's first Photo Contest. – Use hashtag #improvephotography on Instagram by April 30, 2015 to win a fabulous prize!
- The Improve Photography Podcast Network has three new (AWESOME) podcasts you can check out here!
- Apple released the OS-X 10.10.3 with the new Photos App. – Is it what serious photographers & Aperture users are looking for?
- DSLR's & Mirrorless Camera sales have been tanking over the past few years. – Some insight as to why we think this trend is occurring.
- Mirrorless Camera systems are not taking over. – The sales numbers do not lie.
- Oops… LG Announced an 8K, yes 8K, iMac may be coming soon! – Is there such thing as too much resolution? – Does Jim have buyer's remorse on his 5K iMac?
- Jim, Jeff & Darin's thoughts about watermarking. – A discussion sparked by a recent episode of Brian McGuckin's Thought's on Photography Podcast.
- Kingston MobileLite G4 USB 3.0 Multi-Function Card Reader – (Jeff's Doodad of the Week!)
- Neewer 60 inch (152cm) Shoot Through Umbrella & 3-Way Hotshoe Mount Tilt Flash Bracket with Umbrella Holder – (Darin's Doodads of the Week!)
- YN-568EX TTL Flash for Nikon & Canon – (Jim's Doodad of the Week!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.