What's in this episode:
- Best practices when seeing another photographer shooting photos in a public venue.
- How to respond when another photographer wants to use one of your props.
- What expectation of privacy does a photographer have when shooting in a public forum?
- Avoiding getting sucked into negative comments, debates, & posts on social media. – Taking the high ground will always pay off.
- Why being too competitive should be avoided.
- Enjoy your successes, but learn from your mistakes to improve your photography skills!
- Always look up when shooting for the thrill. – It could lead to something great!
- Do not be afraid to have your own back. – Stand up for what you believe in!
- Improve Photography Portfolio Reviews – (Get meaningful feedback on your work from Erica, Nick, & Darin!)
- Improve Photography Flash Basics – (An awesome article by Improve Photography's very own: Jim Harmer!)
- Yongnuo YN-622c & YN-622c-EX E-TTL Flash Triggers vs. PocketWizard 801-329 X Transceivers – (Nick picks the winner & explains why.)
- Phottix Odin Wireless TTL Trigger for Nikon & Canon – (Erica tosses her flash triggers into the ring. See how they stand up!)
- PNY SD Cards – (Why Darin cannot recommend this type of SD Card to anyone.)
- Pro SD Card Readers – (Nick thinks Darin's SD card woes are because he is using a Mac.)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.