Darin Mellor is joined by Erica Coffman, Jeff Harmon, & Nick page to talk about photography news, memory cards for photographers, our FAVORITE tools/features in Lightroom. The four photo nerds share their Doodads of the Week to help you Improve your photography skills!
What's in this episode:
- Compact Flash (CF) versus Secure Digital (SD) cards; which is best for photographers & why?
- What are all of these symbols on the memory card & what do they mean?
- Which brand or type of SD card is best for you?
- Why it is important to have a fast card for still photographers.
- Erica's favorite Lightroom features. – Adjustment Brushes & Star Rating system
- Nick's favorite Lightroom tools. – Keywords & the Syncing option
- Features in Lightroom Jeff cannot live without. – The HSL Panel & Collections
- How Collections in Lightroom can assist you with picking your best images of the year! – Helpful when evaluating your portfolio.
- Collections are great, but having multiple Lightroom Catalogs may not be ideal. – Find out why!
- Jeff Harmon's Article on which card to buy!
- Crystal Disk Mark – Test your Memory card's speed!
- Improve Photography's Portfolio Reviews!
- A Sharpie & Class 10 UHS-1 SD Cards – (Jeff's Doodad of the Week!)
- Customized Rear Lens Caps from Lenz Buddy. – (Erica's Doodad of the Week!)
- Nick Page's Photography Workshops & Improve Photography Workshops – (Nick's Doodad of the Week!)
- A gym membership & a bicycle to keep in shape to keep up with Jim & Nick on their workshops! – (Darin's Doodad of the Week!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.