Darin sits down with a stunning Landscape & Wildlife Photographer, Alan Shadduck, who shoots with Sony SLT Cameras. – Not it is not a mirrorless system! Alan & Darin dive into the world of Sony's A99 & A77 MKII SLT Cameras to discover more about this rarely discussed camera system.
What's in this episode:
- A look into Sony's other offerings besides their Mirroreless E-Mount offerings.
- What is a translucent mirror & what purpose does it serve?
- The benefits & drawbacks of using Sony's SLT (Single Lens Translucent) system & lens offerings.
- Alan's approach to photographing skittish or aggressive animals.
- We have another Photography MacGyver! – Tips for shooting wildlife from the safety & comfort of your vehicle.
- Why being in the right place at the right time really comes down to luck & preparation.
- Seeing an image unfold in front of your eyes using Sony's Electronic Viewfinder & why it is beneficial.
- Thoughts on the Tamron 150-600mm's sharpness after testing it.
- Predictions of where the camera market is going form the stance of a Sony shooter.
- The difference between the A77 MKII & the A99.
- Alan Shadduck's Website
- Follow Alan on Facebook!
- Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD for Canon, Nikon, & Sony (Darin's Doodad of the week!)
- BosStrap – (Alan's Doodad of the Week!)
- Sony A99 – (Alan's Full Frame SLT Camera of choice!)
- Sony A77 MKII – (Getting more reach with the Crop Factor for Wildlife Photography!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Open the “podcasts” app on your device (it’s one of the pre-installed apps from Apple) and search for the Improve Photography Podcast from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice. You can also use this link to the show in the iTunes store (free).
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/feed/podcast
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.