- New article 5 days a week on IP.
Jim: 5 Things I Learned This Week
- Difference last trip to this one. WAY better pictures.
- The AF on the Sony A6300 is not as fast as the Fuji XPro2. X Pro 2 has better autofocus than a DSLR. First mirrorless camera that has even come CLOSE to that. Testing with kids.
- The Fuji 10-24 is the bane of my existence. Not on lens roadmap. Blow drying in hotel.
- SOOOO many landscapes are missing the “soul” of the shot. Include a person, a boat, a cactus, a rock, whatever.
- A wet lens ruined two of my favorite compositions
Slowing down, and getting accustomed to more time for the shot
Less is more.. I only used two lenses
Pack your coat in your carryon
Nick : Why every photographer should visit iceland at least once
- The light
- The light lasts forever this time of year.. Forget about golden hour.. Its more like golden three hour, and the sunsets last forever giving you more time for compositions
- The sky is always changing.. Sometimes for the better, sometimes to crush your hopes but it keeps you on your toes and is fun to shoot in.
- The people
- Everyone speaks english and is very friendly and helpful, they are used to dealing with lost americans
- The subjects
- The island is just packed with photogenic mountain peaks, glaciers, icebergs and even raindier
Doodads of the Week!
- Get all the doodads in one place from any episode at https://improvephotography.com/doodads
- Jim: THINGUMA
- Nick: Canon 70-300mm L for Landscape photographers