Darin sits down with Nick & Brian to answer questions from listeners of the podcast ranging from beginner to advanced. Nick & Darin get nerdy while Brian attempts to keep them grounded. The three tackle the benefits of online galleries & replacing the sky in Photoshop.
What's in this episode:
- Nick helps Joseph Land with focus stacking tips & tricks.
- Nick & Brian assist Paul Bickley with mixing flash & ambient light at parties.
- Suggestions for selling prints successfully asked by Caleb Chamberlain.
- Nuran Gelici asks whether a Full-Frame camera is really going to have significantly better ISO performance over a APS-C (Crop Sensor camera).
- Erika Sneering wants to know Nick's secret sauce for fulfilling orders on his prints.
- Michael James Irwin asks what the F-Stop rating for Image Stabilization is all about.
- Brian helps Suzana with organizing her files & developing a workflow in Lightroom.
- Nick gives us insight into replacing the sky using Photoshop.
- Brian brings up PASS & how it is has transformed print proofing & delivery for him, Nick, Darin, & Erica.
- Darin suggests we need to shoot while the weather is nice or plan for upcoming nice weather. – Stop making excuses.
- Squarespace – (Enter Offer Code ‘IMPROVE' to get 10% off your first purchase!)
- Improve Photography's 2016 China Workshop – (Join Jim, Nick, Brian, & Erica for the best workshop ever!)
- Peak Design Camera Hand Clutch Strap – (Nick's Doodad of the Week!)
- Google Translate for iOS or Android – (Brian's Doodad of the Week!)
- Comfortable shoes – (Darin's Doodad of the week!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Just search “Improve Photography” to find it.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.