Erica, Nick, & Darin chat with the AMAZINGLY TALENTED & EXTREMELY ENTERTAINING Ricky Stern. The four discuss the steps Ricky took to get into photography, where he now, and his thoughts on Portrait Photography as a career. Is there a future in Portrait Photography? – Tune in to find out!
What's in this episode:
- What Ricky did before he became the preeminent photographer in Miami, Florida.
- Do you need to be an assistant before getting into serious Portrait or Wedding Photography?
- How do you become a second shooter & why might it be harder to do it than you think.
- The necessary tools needed to wedding.
- Basic lighting setups for a successful Wedding Photographer.
- Why natural light does not prove you are a good photographer.
- High volume or high quality? What is the best workload for an aspiring photographer.
- Photographing each & every wedding like it is your little sister's wedding.
- Tips for branding & marketing a wedding-specific business.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.