What's in this episode:
- We answer a reader question as to why we do not use colored filters on our lenses.
- A reader question about whether an 85mm f/1.2 lens is a good choice for their APS-C sensor.
- The five of us talk about the tripods we use & why we love/hate them.
- Firefighters are shooting down drones in California. (Pixoto Story Link)
- Jim weighs in on how well his Fuji XT-1 is handling shallow depth of field.
- Darin talks about going back to your roots & shooting what you love.
- Majeed persuades us to get our clothes wet & go for the shot!
- Jeff reviews some hiking bags & talks about which ones he can live with or live without.
- Nick discusses the importance of being kind, safe, respectful, & the first to post photos when shooting wildfires or disasters.
- Harry's – (Type in Coupon Code ‘improve' to get $5 off your first purchase!)
- Improve Photography's 2016 China Workshop – (Join Brian, Erica, Jim, & Nick for the best workshop in the most photogenic place ever!)
- Fuji 16mm f/1.4 – (Jim's Doodad of the Week!)
- Rokinon 24mm f/1.4 – (Nick's Doodad of the Week!)
- Anker XT Power 10,000 & 32,000 mAh external batteries – (Jeff's Doodad of the Week!)
- Lighting Cast App for iPhone – (Majeed's Doodad of the Week!)
- Facebook's Groups App for iPhone or Android – (Darin's Doodad of the Week!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Just search “Improve Photography” to find it.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.