Jim sits down with Darin, Jeff, Nick & Majeed Badizadegan to talk all things Landscape Photography! The five photo nerds discuss everything form the perfect tripod all the way to drones getting shot down by firefighters.
What's in this episode:
- We answer a reader question as to why we do not use colored filters on our lenses.
- A reader question about whether an 85mm f/1.2 lens is a good choice for their APS-C sensor.
- The five of us talk about the tripods we use & why we love/hate them.
- Firefighters are shooting down drones in California. (Pixoto Story Link)
- Jim weighs in on how well his Fuji XT-1 is handling shallow depth of field.
- Darin talks about going back to your roots & shooting what you love.
- Majeed persuades us to get our clothes wet & go for the shot!
- Jeff reviews some hiking bags & talks about which ones he can live with or live without.
- Nick discusses the importance of being kind, safe, respectful, & the first to post photos when shooting wildfires or disasters.
- ArtMill.com/ImprovePhotography – (They provided a free sample to ImprovePhotography for review)
- Harry's – (Type in Coupon Code ‘improve' to get $5 off your first purchase!)
- Improve Photography's 2016 China Workshop – (Join Brian, Erica, Jim, & Nick for the best workshop in the most photogenic place ever!)
- Fuji 16mm f/1.4 – (Jim's Doodad of the Week!)
- Rokinon 24mm f/1.4 – (Nick's Doodad of the Week!)
- Anker XT Power 10,000 & 32,000 mAh external batteries – (Jeff's Doodad of the Week!)
- Lighting Cast App for iPhone – (Majeed's Doodad of the Week!)
- Facebook's Groups App for iPhone or Android – (Darin's Doodad of the Week!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Just search “Improve Photography” to find it.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.