Jim has announced he has finally gone mirrorless! Darin & Jim talk about the pros and cons of DSLR and Mirrorless Cameras. The two discuss what type of photographers can benefit from these two systems.
What's in this episode:
- Darin & Jim answer a reader question asking about when to print on different mediums.
- Jim & Darin tackle a question posted on the new Portrait Session Podcast Listeners Facebook Group on whether a Wedding Photographer can be taken seriously with a mirrorless camera.
- Six points are discussed why DSLRs are still (and will be) cool. – Jim & Darin talk about the validity of the points.
- The weight factor. – How much weight does one really save when they go mirrorless?
- Squarespace – (Use Offer Code ‘IMPROVE' to save 10% off your first purchase!)
- Animoto – (Use Promo Code ‘IMPROVE' to save 15% off an Annual Pro Subscription!)
- I had it! Goodbye Nikon! Hello Fujji! – (Jim's Article on the big swtich & details about both systems!)
- Improve Photography's 2016 China Trip! – (Come join Improve Photography on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure in China!)
- 6 Reasons Why Digital SLRs Are (And Will Be) Cool – (The article Darin was citing & trying to defend DSLRs with.)
- Fuji XT-1 – (Jim's new camera & Doodad of the Week!)
- Canon 6D – (Darin's Doodad of the Week & a great option for those looking to get into Full Frame DSLR Cameras!)
- Bellatrix Photography – (A talented photographer who asked us a question on our new PS Facebook Group.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Just search “Improve Photography” to find it.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.