Jim sits down with Brian, Darin, Jeff & Nick to answer two reader questions. Nick faces off with the four to argue the advantages of full frame over APS-C; he holds his ground pretty darned well! Amongst the battle the five touch upon the importance of community, doing your own thing while learning from others, & the silver lining with Sony's happenings.
What's in this episode:
- A reader question about needing a full frame camera to be a second shooter on a wedding. Is it true? Tune in & find out!
- Is it better to buy the previous generation lens & save money or is it better to look at third party like at Tamron?
- Nick's Hawaii trip experiences, lessons learned, & second battle with waves.
- Sony's financials are not looking so hot, but there is promise with their camera sensor technology, Jeff explains.
- Jim talks about where Lightroom stands today & polls the other hosts about their current experience with it.
- Why we are loving the ‘Dehaze' feature & the ability to adjust whites & blacks using brushes/gradient filters.
- Darin explains why it is good to do your own thing, but still being open to listening to others. – Attend a workshop, conference, class, etc. & learn to shoot what you love!
- Brian steps out of his comfort zone & falls in love with shooting what he usually does not shoot.
- DiscountFilters.com – (Get 10% off your order!)
- Animoto – (Use Promo Code: ‘IMPROVE' to get 15% off an annual pro subscription!)
- SIRIU P-32 6 Section Carbon Fiber Monopod – (Jim's Doodad of the Week!)
- Cheap monopods for a GoPro or Speedlights – (Nick's Doodads of the Week!)
- Flash Gels- (Brian's Doodad of the Week!)
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5 TB or 72000.14 3TB Hard Drives – (Jeff's Do-Don't of the Week!)
- Western Digital My Book Studio 4TB External Hard Drive – (Darin's Doodad of the Week after hearing his Seagate begin to die!)