Erica, Nick, & Darin sit down to discuss different light styles & share our favorite techniques. The three offer insight into how to get unique lighting in portraits & weddings. Lastly, they tackle reader questions.
What's in this episode:
- Nick Dominates Light using ‘Boxer' & ‘Clamshell' Lighting. – See the examples below in the show notes.
- Erica lets us in on her secrets to successful Reception Lighting & gives us a peek into Boudoir Photography Lighting.
- Darin advocates shooting what you know, get comfortable with it, & then get inspired by great minds like Erica & Nick!
- A workflow question about efficiently sharing your work on the various social media platforms.
- How in the world do you shoot a large group of 60-70 people when lighting is not in your favor? How do you pose them?
- People have been giving me positive feedback on my work, but how do I start to charge for my work? How do you get your first paid gig?
- Improve Photography's 2016 China Workshop – Get some face time with some excellent photographers & learn how to hone in on your craft!
- Improve Photography's Portfolio Reviews – Join the hundreds that have already received HELPFUL & INSIGHTFUL feedback on their work!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.