What's in this episode:
- Why is Color Calibration needed?
- The steps Erica & Darin are taking to color calibrate using the Spyder 4 system.
- What are we doing in our editing process to ensure the photo will print?
- Giving clients a crop ratio sheet can be extremely helpful.
- Whether or not to use print profiles from your print lab of choice.
- How to create an album layout in minutes instead of hours!
- Our favorite mediums for printing our work. (Paper, glass, metal, canvas, etc.?)
- Which labs we trust & why.
- Search for coupon codes, but avoid cheap vendors. – (Nick's Lesson Learned!)
- Know your print prices for confident client interactions. – (Darin's Lesson Learned!)
- Have samples ready for your clients to increase sales in a palatable way. – (Erica's Lesson Learned!)
- Cheer Up Press is a very high quality print vendor when you are looking to add that special touch. – (Erica's Pick of the Week!
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L II USM Telephoto Lens. – (Nick's Pick of the Week & new favorite lens!)
- MpixPro is a subsidiary of Miller's Lab & has scads of printing options. – (Darin's Pick of the Week!)
- Improve Photography's Portfolio Reviews! – (Get PERSONALIZED feedback on your portfolio from Darin, Nick, & Erica!)
- Datacolor Spyder4Pro Screen Calibration Unit
- Fundy – (Create albums in minutes versus hours!)
- Album Draft – (Allow clients to view the album before printing!)
- Loktah – (Go Green with your bad self!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.