Jim & Darin sit down to recap their April excursion through an area of China offering immense beauty. The two talk about the photo opportunities, the people, lessons, learned, & exciting news for 2016!
What's in this episode:
- A look into where Jim & Darin went while visiting China!
- Why the people of China are so fun to photograph.
- Lessons learned on this trip.
- What can be learned by working with such a diverse set of photographers.
- Removing dead space from your portraits.
- Camera Gear we should have taken or left behind.
- Great guides are invaluable; we were fortunate to meet some amazing ones!
- The 2016 China Workshop with Brian McGuckin, Erica Kay, Jim Harmer, & Nick Page!!
- Squarespace – (Get 10% off your first purchase when you use offer code ‘IMPROVE' at checkout!)
- The 2016 China Workshop! – Sign up by July 10, 2015 and save $396 USD!!!
- Guilin Photography Tour – The best tour guides in China!
- David Long's Porfolio – One of the attendees of the 2015 China Trip!
- Clik Elite Contrejour 40 Backpack for Photographer's – (Jim's Doodad of the week!) **Check out Jim's Video Review Here!!**
- Hoodman Compact HoodLoupe Optical Viewfinder for 3.2” LCD Displays – (Darin's Doodad of the Week!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Just search “Improve Photography” to find it.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.