Erica, Darin, & Nick gather to discuss the best for portraiture, weddings, & life events. Tips on essential gear & things to leave at home when shooting weddings & portraits. Q&A with two readers of the Improve Photography website.
What's in this episode:
- Our favorite lenses for shooting portraits!
- Best lenses for wedding receptions & events!
- If forced to work with only one lens, which one would Nick, Erica, & Darin keep? – The why behind the decision.
- Three lessons learned by Darin, Erica, & Nick.
- YN-560ii's explode?! – Maybe it is time to move on to the YN-560ii or YN-568EX.
- How a creepy mannequin head can help sharpen your focus skills & help you learn more about lighting.
- Lessons learned from other photographers.
- How to remove stretch marks in a portrait.
- Benefits & Drawbacks of on-camera flash.
- Improve Photography Portfolio Reviews! – (Get REAL feedback on your work from Erica, Darin, & Nick!)
- Ice Lights – (Erica's thoughts on this powerful lighting tool!)
- Neewer 60”/152cm Umbrella versus Wescott's more expensive offering – (Nick picks the winner & shares why he loves the Wescott 7-foot Umbrella!)
- Manfrotto 190XPROB 3-Section Aluminum Tripod & Manfrotto 496RC2 Ballhead – (Darin talks about why this has served him well, but is moving on.)
- Erica's Website
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We'll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it's available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.