Jim & Darin tune into questions about Lightroom, Photoshop, & post-production from Facebook fans of Improve Photography. The dynamic duo discuss the second half of the fun that comes with being a photographer.
What's in this episode
- Darin's thoughts on how a graphics tablet can save time & make photo editing more interesting.
- Remembering to shoot like a painter so you can put together a really cool shot in Photoshop.
- Is it better to have one or multiple Lightroom Catalogs?
- How to avoid duplicates in Lightroom when shooting RAW+JPEG
- What are the best programs for handling HDR?
- When will see Lightroom 6?
- Sources of noise and best ways to manage it in post-production.
- Using color managed screens to rule out issues with your print lab of choice.
- The best methods for transferring images from your camera to your computer. – Getting the most out of your memory card.
- Selectively importing images into Lightroom or other post-processing software.
- Transferring from your internal hard drive to an external hard drive.
- When is it best to use or not use an import preset in Lightroom?
- External hard drives are great, but do not put all of your eggs in one basket. Listen to see why!
- Finding ‘lost' folders in Lightroom.
- Harry's – [Get Free Engraving on the Winston Set (a $15 value) entering coupon code ‘IMPROVEVALENTINE' (offer open to new customers only)]
- Wacom Intuous Pen & Touch Medium Tablet – (The graphic tablet Darin swears by!)
- Apple's Magic Mouse – (Jim's answer to Darin using a tablet!)
- Photomatix – (Jim's favorite program for HDR)
- HDR Efex Pro – (A HDR Program Darin enjoys beyond using Topaz Labs software for HDR)
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Improve Photography's Article on Color Calibration
- Western Digital Passport Ultra – (Jim & Darin's recommendation on external hard drives)