Jim & Darin change things up a bit and niche things down to assist not only those just joining the podcast, but also for those in the beginning stages of photography. Laser focus is given to breaking things down for newer photographers. This is a great refresher for the intermediate and seasoned professional as well!
What's in this episode
- Understanding the ‘Exposure Triangle'
- An example of how Night Photography can really assist with learning fundamental skills.
- How Shutter, Aperture, & ISO impact your images.
- Aperture's relation to how much of the picture is in focus, which is also referred to as ‘Depth of Field'.
- What is ISO & what does it do?
- Not every shot is going to be our best. – Why this is a good thing at times.
- Shooting with others can teach you so much! – Come shoot with us!
- Using your histogram to check your exposure, and why this matters.
- Going back and forth on using Back Button Focusing.
- Tips & Tricks for photographing large groups.
- White Balance, should I worry about it in-camera or what do I do to control it?
- Can you give your clients too large of a file?
- Resources for learning photography.
- The best way to see if your sensor has dust on it.
- Improve Photography Travel Group
- IP's Article on Back Button Focusing
- Improve Your Photography: How Budding Photographers Can Get Pro Results – (Jim's book for beginning photographers)
- PhotoClasses.com – (A fantastic online resource where you get taught by Jim & Dustin. Darin will answer your questions!)
- Improve Photography's Basics – (Great Starting Point for Beginning Photographers)