Jim & Darin sit down to answer some questions posed to the Improve Photography Facebook Page on January 5, 2015. We received an overwhelmingly positive response; so we decided to break this down into multiple episodes. In this Edition of the Improve Photography Podcast we answer questions about Lighting, Portrait, Landscape, & Wildlife Photography questions.
What's in this episode
- Tips on how to protect your gear from sudden shifts in temperature.
- Thoughts on HDR Photography & how to properly a desert landscape shot.
- Best approaches for capturing photos of the moon & exposing it correctly.
- Are there go to camera settings for outdoor photography? – Jim's response!
- How to blur out water with a long exposure.
- ISO and how it can impact the detail in your architectural landscape shots.
- Is one in-camera picture style better than any others?
- What is Banding and how do we reduce or eliminate it?
- Best suggestions for online photography classes…
- Using the correct flash power settings to get the most of of your speed light.
- Placing & posing groups during portrait shoots.
- The ceiling is not as high as you think. – Tips & Tricks for bouncing light.
- Soft Box tips to get you started!
- Gel-Shifting has returned to the Improve Photography Podcast!
- Concert photography.
- Flash Triggers. Do I need a pair or will one do the trick for my YN560 Flash!
- Green screen or chroma key photography. – Why Jim avoids it.
- All things catch lights.
- Squarespace – (Use offer code ‘IMPROVE' to get 10% off your first purchase!)
- Fracture – (Use coupon code ‘PhotosOnGlass15' to get 15% off!)
- PhotoClasses.com – (The best online teaching resource out there!)
- PhotoMatix Pro 5 – (Jim's go-to HDR Program!)
- YN 560-iii Flash – (Darin & Jim's favorite speed lights!)