Jim & Darin sit down with the very talented author, video-blogger, instructor, & professional photographer Tony Northrup to gain a new perspective on the Nikon vs. Canon debate. Tony shares his thoughts on mirrorless systems, 4K video, & more.
What's in this episode:
- Benefits & drawbacks for Nikon & Canon's DSLR Lens & Camera lineup with predictions of what may be to come.
- Knowing the when, where, why, & how a DSLR or ‘mirrorless' camera is going to benefit or hinder a photographer.
- Why wanting to switch from Nikon to Canon (or the other way around) is all relative to the type of photos being shot.
- Whether it is better to pick a body & find the best lens for it; or whether it is more beneficial to pick a lens & find the best body to work with it.
- Discussing how APS-C sensors are different from Full-Frame sensors, but the context dictates which sensor is the right choice.
- The importance of finding someone to help you with your photography & is also someone willing to grow with you as an image maker.
- Squarespace (Start you free trial today and remember to use promo code: ‘IMPROVE' to get 10% off your first purchase!)
- Tony's Website
- Tony & Chelsea Northrup's YouTube Channel
- Tony Northrup's DSLR Book: How to Create Stunning Digital Photography – (Jim's Doodad of the Week!)
- PEC-PADS 4X4” Lint Free Wipes – (Darin's Doodad of the Week!)
- Rokinon FE8M-C 8mm f/2.8 Fisheye Lens – (Tony's Doodad of the Week!)