What's in this episode
- Lessons learned from shooting with a group of Improve Photography readers last week
- Using ETTL flash and manual flash in tandem
- If photographers need to worry about using gray cards
- A quick tip review of the YN568 flash
- Setting your ISO for flash photography
- and more!
Resources mentioned in this episode
- The Yongnuo 568 EXII ETTL flash
- The DGK white balance card or the more expensive ExpoDisc for the true white balance paranoia
- Jim's article on flash sync speed
- The Canon 70d and the Nikon D7100
- Submit Questions for the Podcast
How to Subscribe to the Podcast on Your Phone or MP3 Player (free!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Improve Photography Podcast.” This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/feed/podcast
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. You can see all the previous episodes of the Improve Photography Podcast here.