What's in this episode
- When you need to use more than one flash for shooting a group.
- How to nail the exposure for different skin colors and types.
- Choosing a point-and-shoot camera for discerning photographers.
- When to choose matte, glossy, metallic, or luster for your photo prints.
- Okay… this one got a bit controversial but Jim gives his opinion on whether or not a photography college is a good investment for those who want to become professional photographers.
- How to get started using Lightroom.
- What Jim would change in the photography industry if he had a magic wand.
- and more!
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Jim's new Lightroom Online Class for those who want to learn Lightroom. The class has 30 video lessons to show you how to take advantage of Lightroom's features, as well as the ability to work directly with Jim via email to get his feedback on your work.
- Submit Questions for the Podcast
- Doodad of the week: Sirui monopod
How to Subscribe to the Podcast on Your Phone or MP3 Player (free!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Improve Photography Podcast.” This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/feed/podcast
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. You can see all the previous episodes of the Improve Photography Podcast here.