Update: Mike Thompson on Facebook told me about the Midi2LR conroller. It’s open source and you can pick up a $60 midi controller that looks quite nice for using Lightroom.
Update: New Tamron 70-200.
Topic 1: WPPI Report
- Who had the coolest session?
- What companies at the expo were most interesting?
- What’s a technique you learned?
- What print companies caught your eye?
- Is it a conference worth attending?
Topic 2: Improve Photography Plus. Where we’ve been, where we’re headed.
- Sandy is now working on IP+
- One class a month added, extra when we can
- More meetups coming soon
Topic 3: Photo Buds
- Rusty Parkhurst: This was really a turning point in my photography journey. Not only does it challenge us to get out shooting more, but it is also good to have someone along for safety reasons. Especially when venturing out into the wilds for landscape photography.
- Photography workshops are a great way to meet new people and make friends that could become life-long friends. It’s great to have someone to bounce ideas off of and to get advice from as well as gear recommendations.
Question of the Week:
- Traci Agnew: Since my iPad is dying, I want to replace it with something that I can also edit photos on. (I primarily use Lightroom) Someone recently told me that the new iPad pro is good for editing. Anyone have any experience with that or should I look at a macbook? I use an iMac at home and want something that is convenient to take on vacation with me.
- How to decide what gels to use (½ CTO vs Full CTO) -Sandy
- I shoot a lot of events, and need to use gels often. If I’m in a new place, and don’t know how yellow the lights are, I personally will just set my kelvin to 5500 (no flash), and see how awful it looks. If it’s SUPER yellow, I use a full CT.
- Is there a better way to do it? No one taught me how to do it that way, so I’m not sure where I came up with it to tell you the truth.
Doodads of the Week!
- See all the doodads at http://improvephotography.com/doodads
- Jim – Eneloop Batteries for flashes
- Sandy – Selens Flash Gel Combination Kit
- Rusty – Vallerret Markhof Pro Photography Gloves