The Queen of Fashion Photography (that's what I've decided to call her now), Lindsay Adler, talks all about getting started in fashion photography and how to get your photos noticed.
What's in this episode
- How to get started shooting creative portraits.
- How to simplify your portraits down to one clear point.
- Building a portfolio by getting started for free on Model Mayhem!
- Lindsay's best tricks for getting started in the business of fashion photography.
- Why you may want to choose NOT to shoot tethered when shooting models.
- and more!
Lindsay Adler's Favorite Gear
Favorite Lens: Sigma 85mm f/1.4 (She says this lens is a lot cheaper than the Canon or Nikon 85mm, and is of excellent quality
Favorite Flash Modifier: 20″ White Beauty Dish (she says this is what gives a photo “that fashion look”)
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Lindsay's Portfolio
- Dream Shoot Rentals (Lindsay's new website with gorgeous dresses that photographers can rent for fashion shoots)
- Dream Shoot Rentals Facebook Page
- ISSUU (Online publishing platform for magazines).
- MagCloud (Resource for publications to print on demand. These small publications NEED photographers)
How to Subscribe to the Podcast on Your Phone or MP3 Player (free!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Improve Photography Podcast.” This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is http://improvephotography.com/feed/podcast
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. You can see all the previous episodes of the Improve Photography Podcast here.