Questions of the Week:
- Gary Lingenfelder – You recently talked about how focus stacking can easily be accomplished in Photoshop. Is there a way to do it in Lightroom?
- Tim Evans – Any other canon users (I use a t4i) notice that the camera sometimes oversaturates red colors? Even when I'm using a custom camera profile made with my color checker, reds have almost no detail in them.
- Eric Psota – Canon 80D is ISO invariant
5 Minute Segments:
Nick – Storm chasing season is here
- Use apps like my radar, and Weather bug to track lightning strikes, and track the direction the storm cells are traveling
- Have location ideas in your area in mind before hand that way you can jump from scene to scene as the storm moves
- Shoot from the edges of the storm.. Not from the middle of the storm
- Find objects to silhouette against the sky
- Long lenses compress the lightning in a way that make it look huge
- Rain covers, remote triggers and lots and lots of lens cloths
Jim – Is the Drobo too Proprietary? Choosing a good RAID system/NAS
Doodads of the Week!