Jim, Nick & Darin field questions from our most loyal listeners. The three go through a ton of questions this week & will tackle more next week! Tune in now for great photography tips & tricks!
What's in this episode:
- Timothy Donely wants tips for dealing with harsh midday light for Macro & Portrait Photography.
- Steven Miller follows with a question after hearing Nick & Jim's Real Estate Tip Showdown.
- Chris Chandler probes about the crop factor impacting focal length compression.
- Todd Grimm wants to replace his Nikon D7100 with a Fuji. What does Jim recommend?
- Giovanni Paredes wants to get more income from different Stock Photography sites.
- Nelson Tapias wonders if the Black Rapid Strap he is using could be harming his camera.
- Paul Bickley looks for spooky Halloween lighting tips.
- Spog McArdle asks for the best tips for editing photos when color blind.
- Eric Psota gets nerdy & challenges us to discuss ISO invariance. – Where is Jeff Harmon!?
- Austin Tyler Swenson is looking to transition into getting more photo work in a small town.
- Chris Ashworth is seeking a better image capturing experience while wearing glasses.
- Shane Fairburn wants to know where to draw the line with gear technology.
- Suart Laird doubts his Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 OS after reading some reviews. – Should he get the Canon/Nikon or the Tamron for shooting hockey?
- Mark Franks asks if Jim is still having issues with Lightroom 6/CC on his iMac.
- Ed Shanahan is looking for the best way to manage his photos between his laptop & home office.
- Rob Gainnese inquires how often we Dodge & Burn in Photoshop or Lightroom.
- Squarespace – (Use Offer Code ‘IMPROVE' to get 10% off your first purchase!)
- Animoto – (Use Promo Code ‘IMPROVE' to get 15% off an Annual Pro Subscription!)
- Photography Start – (Use Coupon Code ‘PODCAST' to get $40 off an already AMAZING deal & Jim's Doodad of the Week!)
- Nick Page's Sky Replacement Tutorial – (A SCREAMING deal at $10 & Nick's Doodad of the Week!)
- Lens Finder – (It is here!! The best tool for helping you with your next lens purchase or lens rental decision!)
- Clear Umbrella – (Darin's Doodad of the Week!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Just search “Improve Photography” to find it.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.