Jim Harmer guest hosts the Portrait Session Podcast with Nick Page & Darin Mellor. We are all missing Erica Kay, but Jim does his best to fill her big shoes by answering listener questions. The three help you ward off scammers, reject a client in a professional way, & offer tips on light fast moving stage performers.
What's in this episode:
- Tips for declining to work with a client even if you are not booked on the date requested.
- Is it better to jump into Portrait Photography with both feet; or is it better to build a foundation first?
- How to avoid being the target of a scam as you see your photography business grow.
- Best tips for lighting & freezing the action of ballet dancers.
- Darin argues why business cards are still an important resource for photographers.
- Nick reviews the YN-568EX II Flash & its use case for dramatic lighting setups.
- Jim discusses the pros and cons of a Think Tank Retrospective messenger bag he has tested.
- YN-568EX II – Flash
- Think Tank Retrospective Messenger Bag
- Nick Page Photography
- Darin & Dale Mellor's Memory Pixel Photography
- Follow Jim on Instagram!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.