Nick, Darin, & Brian McGuckin explore the other genres of Portrait Photography. The three discuss how thinking outside of the box can lead to your next gig!
What's in this episode:
- The not so obvious portrait shoot.
- Not every gig has to involve babies, high school graduates, a family, or a wedding.
- Brian talks about shooting corporate head shots.
- Nick sets the beat for photographing bands.
- Darin discusses shooting journalistic portraits of Formula One Drivers.
- Nothing in this world is free. – Shoot for free & reap the benefits to follow!
- Nick reviews the use of ultra-wide angle lenses for amazing portraits.
- Brian shines light on the benefits of uploading clients' photos to a cloud-based medium.
- Darin points out the advantages of using a monopod with speed lights in place of a clunky light stand.
- The three answer a listener question on the new Portrait Session Voicemail Box.
- Pass.us – Brian's go to choice for sharing images with his clients.
- How to Create a Photography Light Stick for a Speed Light (DIY Under $50.00)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.