Jim sits down with Levi Sim, Jeff, & Brian to talk about going mirrorless, photo storage solutions, & Lightroom Mobile. The four also talk cleaning your camera sensor, screen calibration, & a weird Lr glitch Brian came across.
What's in this episode:
- A reader question about whether resolution impacts your ability to print large.
- Another reader question for needing a specific filter to photograph the sun without harming the camera sensor.
- Jim talks about having the Fuji X-T1 for Seven Days. – What he loves & whether mirrorless is there yet.
- Is Jim going to skip the Sony A7RII?
- Jeff's Storage Workflow.
- Levi tackles sensor cleaning & screen calibration.
- Brian comes across a glitch when using a preset in Lightroom that does not allow him to use an adjustment brush.
- Animoto – (Use promo code ‘IMPROVE' to get 15% off an Annual Pro Subscription!)
- ArtMill.com/ImprovePhotography – (They provided a free sample to ImprovePhotography for review)
- Improve Photography's 2016 China Workshop – (Donate a kidney, sell your camera gear, etc. Do anything you can to not miss out on this epic workshop!)
- Photofocus – Levi Sim joined us today. – (Check out Photofocus!)
- How to Create a Photography Light Stick for Under $50 USD – (Check out Jim's Article!)
- Selens Flash Shoe Umbrella Holder Light Stand Bracket – (Jim's Doodad of the Week!)
- G-Technology G-RAID – (Jeff's Doodad of the Week!)
- ANKR & Tile – (Brian's Doodad of the Week to help you keep track of things you do not want to lose!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Just search “Improve Photography” to find it.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.