Jim, Brian, & Darin record from a hotel room in Chicago while attending the Out of Chicago Photography Conference. The three are asked some questions by Improve Photography Readers including Amber Anderson!
What's in this episode:
- Jim, Brian, & Darin discuss their favorite places they have shot in Chicago.
- How do you shoot the Bean in Chicago without the people?
- What to do when photographing a low-light landscape on a vibrating bridge.
- Brian & Jim photograph the Chicago sign with free entertainment.
- Getting better shots from the Willis (formally the Sears) Tower.
- Techniques for better photos when shooting through chainlink or glass.
- The benefits & drawbacks of ring lights.
- There are different types of RAW files. – Which one is best?
- Best applications for using a Tilt-Shift Lens.
- Help us keep our podcast free by participating in this very short survey & keep ads relevant to your interests.
- Out of Chicago Conference – (Check it out here!)
- Improve Photography's 2016 China Workshop! – (Join in China for the ultimate adventure in 2016!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Just search “Improve Photography” to find it.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.