Darin, Erica & Nick discuss unique tips & tricks for posing individuals, couples, & families. The three also talk about our picks of the week & our gratitude for the overwhelming support of our listeners around the world.
What's in this episode:
- The best tips for posing couples.
- Learning more about the couple. – Are they romantic, serious, or silly?
- Capturing their relationship & conveying it with your images.
- How a little extra guidance can help individuals feel comfortable in front of the lens.
- Battle of the sexes! – Not really, but there are important considerations when posing males & females.
- Talking to the Best Man or Maid of Honor before the shoot can really make group shots a blast!
- Little tips & tricks for helping children stay attentive during a fun family photo shoot.
- In the midst of a tragedy a user from Nepal reached out to us thanking us for our show. – How you can give back to Nepal.
- Our picks of the week via a 3-minute review.
- Improve Photography's Portfolio Reviews – (Get MEANINGFUL & HELPFUL feedback on your photography skills & find where you are as a photographer!)
- 12 Posing Cues from 12 Incredible Photographers – The article that sparked today's discussion!
- Wildlife Conservation Nepal (WCN) – An organization helping with supplies, food, & rebuilding efforts in Nepal.
- Western Union waves transaction fees through 5/31/15 when using code: ‘NEPALRELIEF2015'
- Save the Children & Action Aid – Two reputable organizations helping those in Nepal & across the globe.
- Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD Drive – (The drive that breathed new life into Nick's PC!)
- Think Tank Airport Security Version 2.0 Roller Bag – (Erica's bag of choice when traveling & carrying her gear to her portrait sessions!)
- LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 Thunderbolt Series 256GB SSD Drive – (Darin's means of backing up important shoots on location & when traveling!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.