What's in this episode
- Jim's 3 advanced tips for culling your photos.
- How to set up back button focus on any DSLR.
- How to achieve high speed sync WITHOUT a flash that has high speed sync.
- How to include more local flair in each of your travel photos.
- and more!
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Jim's recommendation of monitors for photography, including the monoprice monitor.
- Jim's photo that he didn't like when he shot it but discovered this week in Lightroom and edited can be seen on his Photography site.
- Jim started a new Improve Photography Travel Group for photographers who want to talk with other photographers and get together to travel and do photography. Grab a flight or hop in the car and go meet up with photographers like you to do some photography! This is totally free–everyone pays their own expenses. Jim will do his best to be at most of these travel photography opportunities with the community but anyone can use the board to get together.
- Submit Questions for the Podcast
How to Subscribe to the Podcast on Your Phone or MP3 Player (free!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Improve Photography Podcast.” This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/feed/podcast
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. You can see all the previous episodes of the Improve Photography Podcast here.